Welcome!

Glad you're checking out my adventures with wine! Please feel free to browse and, by all means, let me know what you think.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cupcake's Cab

Cupcake Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2007This week I tried Cupcake Vineyard's 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon.  The Chardonnay was fantastic, so I thought I'd give this one a shot.  It was not as pleasing as the Chardonnay, but it was still tasty.  On the nose it was spicy with dark berries, cedar, and a hint of vanilla.  Besides being a little tart, it had an initial bit of spice and a woody flavor with cedar and oak.  There was also a note of blackberries.  This cab had light tannins and body.  The biggest problem I noted was that it did not last much more than a day past opening.  Usually I can drink a red two nights after I've opened it but this one was not very drinkable.

So, all in all, this was not a bad pick.  And their logo is just so cute!  You can see it better here: the base  I love it!  Go ahead and invest in a bottle.  And while you're there, pick up the Chardonnay if you haven't!

No comments:

Post a Comment