Welcome!

Glad you're checking out my adventures with wine! Please feel free to browse and, by all means, let me know what you think.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Some Wine, Cupcake?

Today's subject? Cupcake Vineyards 2009 Chardonnay.  I was very excited to try this label because, well, simply because it says cupcake.  No, I didn't imagine a cupcake-tasting wine.  But I did receive a delightful surprise with this $11 white.  Light citrus on the nose with a lovely pale yellow color.  This wine is not too dry, nor too sweet.  At first I noticed the taste of citrus with a touch of spice, which quickly mellowed to a creamy vanilla and butter flavor.  After swallowing give yourself a minute to enjoy the finish.  The flavors linger for quite a while.

My biggest warning is to be sure to drink it at the right temperature.  If it's too cold you won't be able to recognize all the amazing flavors in the wine (so let it sit out a bit longer).  If it's too warm the result is not dissimilar to leaving beer out for too long.  I enjoyed this wine with sautéed Basa fillets and a garden salad.  Not bad at all!  And at that price, who can go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment