Welcome!

Glad you're checking out my adventures with wine! Please feel free to browse and, by all means, let me know what you think.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Lighter Cab...

Blackstone Winery's 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon is one of the lightest Cabernets I've tasted to date.  It does not have the spice and depth typical to a cab.  Though it got better as it had time to breath (we actually thought it was better the second night after we opened it), it was light bodied and weak flavored.  The company uses grapes from several Californian regions.  My husband decided that by using grapes from so many different regions the winery did not commit to a specific flavor and it shows.  This wine has no definite direction.

It was tough to distinguish many flavors.  Sour cherry came through (my husband's first reaction was- "Wow, this is sour!") and there was a touch of spice.  The nose was more interesting with spices, oak, plum, and vanilla.  Again, these were more noticeable after the wine had some time to breath.  The tannins were light and acidity moderate.  At $10 I'm sure this is a good wine for someone, but as my tastes become more discerning I don't think that someone is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment