Welcome!

Glad you're checking out my adventures with wine! Please feel free to browse and, by all means, let me know what you think.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Hot Weather = Chilled White Wine Time

I must say that, in general, I used to prefer red wines to whites.  However, seeing as it has been in the high 90's - low 100's here, I have gravitated towards the cool, refreshing, white wines.  And I've liked it.

Beaulieu Vineyard's Coastal Estates 2007 Chardonnay was not bad.  On the nose you could notice citrus scents that fell to pineapple and sour green apples.  It has a bit of a bite at first sip.  This lessens as the wine warms in your mouth.  Green apple flavors give way to lemon and limes, with a hint of vanilla on the finish.  Don't take your next sip immediately but note what the flavors do.  They linger and mingle like a Christian congregation after church or as family does when we attempting to say goodbye.

For $9 a bottle, I'd say it's worth it!  It will especially go well with Chicken Francese or with swiss cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment