Welcome!

Glad you're checking out my adventures with wine! Please feel free to browse and, by all means, let me know what you think.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Barefoot Falls Short With Zinfandel

Time for a second wine in the Zinfandel category.  First, let me say, I love the plays on words you can find on almost any Zinfandel bottle.  Like our last Sin Zin.  This bottle claims this wine to be "Zinfully delicious!"  Being one who enjoys a corny joke now and then, I find them very amusing.

Barefoot's Zin had a great price, but for $7.60 I'd prefer their Muscato or the Riesling I had a few weeks ago.  The Zin had a fruity nose and light body, but no depth of flavor.  As a friend who was tasting with me said, "It tastes like... wine."   That's about all there was to say about this wine.

I'm a bit disappointed, as I've always enjoyed the low price point of Barefoot.  But perhaps my sense of a good wine in improving.  (I was informed on LinkedIn that I am a "wine geek in training.")  Either way, I hope disappointing does not become a pattern for Barefoot wines.  I'll keep trying and let you know what I find.

Stay cool (which is extremely difficult right now in my part of the country) and drink up, y'all!

-wine dummy

No comments:

Post a Comment