Welcome!

Glad you're checking out my adventures with wine! Please feel free to browse and, by all means, let me know what you think.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Riesling!

Well it's hotter than hell in Texas (my thermometer read 100 degrees at 7:30 this evening).  What better way to cool off than with a nice, chilled, white wine?  Tonight's wine is Barefoot's Riesling.  It's been chilling in the refrigerator for a few days and I took it out before I hopped in the shower this evening so that it had time to warm.  I've found you can taste the flavors more if the wine is not refrigerator cold.  

It has a nose of crisp green apples and this is the first thing you'll taste.  The sharp apples flavor mellows a bit into a citrus flavor with a peach undertone.  The finish is a delicate orange blossom flavor.  I'll admit I wouldn't have noticed the peach or orange blossom without the fine notes from the back of the bottle, but this is all a learning experience, right?

This wine has little sweetness and moderate acidity.  It has a very light mouth-feel and no tannins.  Overall, I like it but, given my limited Riesling experience, I'd need to try some more to give a fair judge of whether this is a good one.  But by all means, give it a shot- it's not bad!

Drink up y'all!

-wine dummy

1 comment: